YOU are unlimited.

Love my Yogi Tea and the quotes you get with each cup.

I’ve been a blog slacker the past week or so. My last update was focused around D.I.E.T. Let’s just say the past 10 days or so have been focused on the actual diet and trying to get back into this whole marathon groove again. I have learned so much about “diet”…ugh, such a nasty four letter word. I have reduced my caloric intake down to ~1500 day. All balanced meals (3 meals and 2-3 small snacks/day). Healthy balance of carbs, low fats, proteins etc. Really has not been that hard other than my periodic craving for queso and pico de gallo.

This past weekend, I did my first race since July 24. Did the Road Race Series Half Marathon. I seriously went into it with the goal of finishing even if it took me around 2.5 hours or so. I honestly did not know how my leg was going to feel. It’s like sitting at a slot machine sometimes going for a run…is it going to hurt now? How long will it hold up? Will it hurt more tomorrow? Am I making this worse??? on and on. The good news was that the race went surprisingly well and I finished around 2:06. Not my fastest time, but I was very pleased. I won’t bore you with the details of the course, since it was, well, BORING! We pretty much ran a down and back down a divided highway. St. Jude Marathon is Dec. 4th so I am feeling more confident I can make it there with the goal of just running it and finishing it. We are ramping our mileage up slowly throughout the week. Can’t say getting up at 4:30am is fun…but it is what has to be done.

Wyatt has been doing great. He is gaining his confidence and you would never know that he has had surgery on his leg. The fur is almost fully grown back in all the areas where he was shaved. A couple weeks back, he got the idea that he wanted to go to Muddy’s and pick up some mini cupcakes for his vet and the staff who did his operation.

Mini cupcakes from Muddy's. Yep, one of the flavors is called "Prozac".

I dropped those off with a note from him on a Friday morning. I made sure to put a pic of him in his prime (in his swimming pool during the summer :). He goes back the Wednesday before Thanksgiving for his follow up x-rays (second follow-up) and this will be the time when the vet will tell us if he can start going on short walks. The most activity he has had in the past few weeks is joining Adam and I on a quick ride to Starbucks for a coffee run. Just a few minutes from the house, but he loves to feel the breeze on his face as we ride down Poplar.

Everyday he looks like he has run a marathon.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s